May 22, 2004

Reading ....A Lifetime of Joy


Snapshots In My Time, Of My Time.....Hauntings.


Years: All My Life

All my life I have loved to read. Whenever times were bad I could always loose myself in a book. Reading would take me away from the pain and allow my mind to rest and focus on something else other than the chaos that was my life at that particular time. I read the same books over and over if I love them. I still have most of the books I have ever bought. In fact they are running over and taking over my house.

I have always loved the macabre. I just love that word---the macabre! Horror, ghosts and things that go "bump" in the night are my passion. Consequently, one of my most favorite authors is none other than the man himself--Stephen King! I remember when I would sit down with a new novel of his and read it cover to cover in 2 days. I would not sleep until that book was finished. I love just about everything he has ever written but here are a few of my favorites! Check some of them out yourself. You will not be sorry...or will you???
------------

----
There are many honorable mentions by Stephen King: The Dead Zone, The Stand, The Shining, The Langoliers, Carrier, Firestarter and many more.

When I was in middle school one of my favorite books was Little Women and the sequel Little Men both by Louisa May Alcott

Clive Barker is also another favorite. I have read all of the Books of Blood and really enjoyed the Hellraiser series.
PIN HEAD: A FACE
ONLY A MOTHER
COULD LOVE!

~~~~~~~~~~~

My younger years were heavily influenced by Harlequin Romances! I grew up thinking that every girl had a prince charming who ride off into the sunset with her. Boy was I wrong! Prince Charming is not out there. It took me a long time to stop waiting on him to find me. Hot Book to read now is In Silence by Erica Spindler. Other great books from the past that I love are Jane Eyre, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and Lord of the Flies!

Summer is here--where I am. It is 90 degrees and above. Pick out a good book to read and have some fun! Last but not least, do not forget about Summer People by Marge Piercy! Reading is fundamental! Really!

~~~~ ~~~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment