November 25, 2004

The Eel Fish


Snapshots In My Time, Of My Time.....Hauntings.
Middle School 6th grade

When I was in middle school there was a time when I had a parade of animals form cats, dogs, mice, hampsters, fish and birds. I had a lovely eel fish that I loved dearly. He was about four inches long and was beige and brown striped. Very pretty.

I was cleaning out his aquarium before school one morning and an awful thing happened. He slipped down the drain. I instantly became hysterical. I was crying like the world was coming to the end. Only a little water went down the drain with him so I was sure that he was still alive in the hook part of the pipes under the kitchen sink. My father and mother thought he was already gone.

I refused to go to school until something was done to get him out of the drain. I had to know he was gone for good. Finally when my parents realized my hysteria was not ending , but was in fact increasing. My father said he would take apart the kitchen pipes and see if he was in the hook of pipe under the sink. He got out his tools and began to wrench and turn and unscrew and presto! The pipe came off. My father looked inside and there was just a little water still in the hook. In that little bit of water was my eel fish.

My father plopped him back in the the clean tank and I stopped the crying and eventually the hitching in my chest began to subside. My eel fish was safe and seemed none the worst for the wear. I was a happy girl. My eel fish was alive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment