February 26, 2006

Real Work Memos

I was going thru my inbox and cleaning out some of these old emails that I never deleted and I came across this one.  This one was sent to us by a male employee who is a New York transplant.  It was funny at the time.  He is crazy anyway!     
 
Subject: Secret Santa (or other more neutral symbol to represent the coming holiday season)

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

In keeping with holiday traditions, I would be interested in having a Secret Santa (or other more neutral symbol to represent the coming holiday season) drawing to include all interested parties. I have taken a small census and found $15 to be a good suggested price target.

If you would be interested, (or have another constructive suggestion) please let me know by replying with one of the option buttons above.

Celebrate Christmas, Chanukah, Chinese New Year, Divali, Kwanzaa, Luciadagen, Ramadan, Saturnalia, Shichi-Go-San, St. Nicholas’ Day, Taeborum, and/or Winter Solstice as you see fit.

Seasonally Yours,

You Coworker

0 comments:

Post a Comment