July 30, 2006

Birthday Aftermath


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.




Yesterday was my birthday and overall it was a good day. I decided not to go into the office and try to get ahead for the upcoming week. It was my birthday afterall. I decided to make it really my day. My child had the day all lined up for me. Breakfast made by her. Cereal, and fruit with yogurt and my favorite irish tea. She was so proud of herself for planning out my whole day. It only involved just the 2 of us. After breakfast we had time for just us...a rare thing normally. We played all her favorite board games. Disney Uno and the Disney Music Game. It was fun. We had a tourament of sorts.

After that we did do a little cleaning, laundry and each of us took a nap. Now a nap is a serious thing. I normally cannot sleep at all during the day no matter how tired I am so, that was a different kind of animal. I felt better for it.

For dinner, my parents planned a birthday dinner for me. We had to be there at 6. My mother told me she would be serving at 6 but we got there at 5:45 and she was still cooking...just finishing up. It was a dinner that the Whitehouse chef would be hard pressed to duplicate. In fact it was a dinner fit for the Whitehouse. It was very, very good!

To start, we had a salad made from baby greens with duck crackling. Wow, that was tasty. The main course was roasted glazed duck, thai ginger rice, snow peas, carrots in orange sauce, hawaiian rolls and tea. That was a feast! Duck is one of my favorite things to eat.

Dessert was a key lime birthday cake made for me by my daughter. It was good. Now it did not appear to rise to high, so it was almost like a keylime bar. This was her very first time trying to make a cake on her own. She wanted no help. I think something was missed in her attempts but it was still edible. Like a good mother I raved about the cake and we all ate it. That reminded me of my first attempt to make pancakes for my mother eons ago. (We all have to start somewhere!)



Age? 39 and holding. I turned a year older but I do not feel any older. In fact I have not felt any older for the past 6 years. Am I headed for the middle aged crash sometime soon when all will go wrong? I hope not. I am going to be holding for a long, long time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment