July 29, 2006

Circle of Friends


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I have found a circle of friends. It is a blessing. With work, home, kids and a schedule that goes non- stop I have made time for God. Bible study. At first I was wondering how I would ever have time for bible study. It seemed like an optional, but unnecessary 2 hours of the week that I could be devoting to cleaning, spending time with family, pets.. what have you. I decided to give it a try and I was welcomed into a wonderful new circle of ladies. Now it is something I look forward to each week.

As a young adult in my 20's I look back and I had all sorts of friends and I went out a lot with girlfriends. I had a lot of best friends. Then in my 30's, career was the main focus and some of my friends went by the way side and with family, my social network dwindled down to a handful of friends.

Now, that circle is expanding. Not only do we learn about the bible, but I now have a close group who is almost like family. If something happens, there is a core group of woman who can come to your aid right away. Blessing it is! I am not an ultra religious person at all. But it is amazing to me how much the actual bible study has enlightened me. I had not attended any sort of bible study ever. It has made me realize just how much I do not know and have to learn.

Right now were are using one of the study series by Beth Moore. Now that is an amazing woman! She is into bible literacy and she is not playing about that! Take a study with one of her courses! You will not be the same!




Devotional

"Your love has given me great joy and encourage-ment, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints." —Philemon vs. 7 NIV

How many times has someone come up to you and said, "Hello there, do you remember me?" You haven't the faintest idea who that person is and you are so embarrassed. We have a temporary friendship with so many along the path of simple living -- neighbors who stay for just a short time, people we meet at a resort or convention. It is so hard to remember everyone.
In today's scripture, Paul is telling his friend how happy he is that his friend has "refreshed the hearts of the saints." Perhaps you may not remember everyone's name, but who knows what an impact you have had on the people you have met. If you allow the Lord to be your guide, you may be able to encourage and inspire someone during that short fellowship together. If so, you're responding to Jesus' command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
You may not remember that person, but your caring love may have enriched the life of that person without your even being aware of it. And that is the blessing!

Heavenly Father, give me a loving, caring heart to bring others closer to you. Amen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment