January 25, 2007

I'm a Cat Lady!


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I will never forget her. She was my first cat that I got after I moved out on my own. I was living in North America and I had just broken up with a boyfriend. Needless to say that after the initial drama, turmoil, despair, the world is ending drama, I decided I needed a pet. A cat. That was the ticket. A pet would solve everything, be my constant companion and love me forever.
She did many of those things. We had a wonderful relationship!

I went to m y local shelter and looked around at all the cats. After looking at all the kittens a shelter worker suggested an adult cat because if they were not adopted within a certain time they went to "kitty heaven" I was mortified. It was decided. If I could save an adult cat and gain a lifelong companion I would. I looked at the adult cars and there was one that caught my eye right away.

She was a beautiful, long haired cat with a multicolored fur. She looked like she belonged sitting on a pillow in a mansion that was owned by someone wealthy. She was beautiful. She did not look like any of the other strays. A domestic long haired tortoise shell was what she was. I claimed her. She was about 3 years old and was kind of a fat cat. I grew to love her and she grew to love me too. Our bond finally clicked and she grew into the pampered pet that I knew her to be. She walked on a leash with no problems.

We had a lot of time together. From 1987 to the summer of 1999, the July 4th weekend. 12 long years together and she was 3 when I got her. She lived a very good life. She was my child before I had a real child. To any male who was in my life the rule was love me, love my pet. No love for the pet? Get out! Now! It was a good arrangement.

She left me in July of 1999. Our family reunion was being held in Canada that year --the Canadians of the family were hosting it that year. Mi-Ha became ill the day before we were leaving. I got home from work and she was not doing well. She was lethargic and did not seem very active. I called the vet in a panic because she was ill. I left for the reunion with a broken heart. The vet said they would do everything to keep her comfortable and pain free. I told them I would call everyday which I did. They would not give me any news really of her over the phone.

I finally got home and I prepared myself for the worst. I got to the vet and Mi-Ha was gone. She was in a cold storage container. They did let me see her and pet her for one last time. They did not let me pet her for very long and believe me it was not long enough. She was cold and stiff but her coat was still beautiful. She was still beautiful.

Now my cat died of old age. She loved for 14 years with me. All of a sudden her kidneys shut down and very soon she was gone. The vet said she had lived a long time and they were amazed. She had a posh life. I really doted on her. I have had other friends who have had cats die of cancer or feline luekemia. There is new treatment now that can help with that. It is called
ES Clear for Cat Cancer. This product is all natural and it contains ingredients that actually cleanse the blood and reduce tumor growth. The magic ingredient is something called burdock. That is the ingrdient that cleans the blood. Slippery elm is another. It treats and soothes the digestive track. Turkey rhubarb is the third and it helps improve digestive flow. It has a shelf life of about 6 months in the fridge and is only $32.95.

I have to get the feline luekemia shots for my cat. I guess all cat owners do. But still cancer in cats is a deadly thing. Some of the signs include:
  • Weight loss or loss of appetite
  • Stiffness, loss of stamina, difficulty breathing
  • Bleeding or discharge from any body opening or sores that do not heal
  • Foul odor
  • Abnormal swelling that increases in size and does not go away
  • Difficulty urinating or defecating
If you have a sick cat, talk to your vet. This product may be another treatment to be considered. I just might save the life of your beloved cat.




0 comments:

Post a Comment