February 16, 2007

It Was a Bust!


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.


Special days come and special days go. They just pass me by. That is what happened on Valentine's Day for the past 8 years at least. Now the thing about it is that I have a friend whose mother sends flowers to her daughter so that she will not be the only one not having flowers. It was just another day.

Now I should have checked out
BELISI on Valentine's that is IF I had signficant other! Look at how much money is spent on making your honey feel special! It is ridiculous. I would be happy with some flowers and a walk on the beach. Maybe a nice piece of jewlery every now and then.
According to the National Retail Federation (NRF) American's dished out a staggering $13.7 billion last year on Valentine's Day, with the average lovebug shelling out $100.89 total last year.
Now some of the ideas that Belisis is recommending I have recommended to some of my friends who were trying to do different things for their spouses. I got all the ideas to give to others, but never have the chance to implement them myself. After checking out the list of ideas, I must say I am all about the pajamas, the jewlerly, the wine and the love letter. You know people do not write much anymore. It is all about email.

When was the last time you got a love letter? I must have been in high school when I got my last one. I still have it. It is from my old finace. We had had a fight and he wrote me a letter to try to get back together. Valentine's Day. for me it is fleeting and elusive. Cupid's arrows just sail right over my head and into other people's hearts. Next year I plan to wear a tee-shirt with a large rd target. He won't be able to miss me. And cupid had better tell him about Belisis on Valentines. You know men, they will need some help with gift selection.



0 comments:

Post a Comment