March 07, 2007

Wayward Birds

Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

Last Wednesday night I was coming home. I opened the door of the house to darkness and of course there was the cat waiting for me to come home. It was about 9:00 pm. all of a sudden I noticed a small bird, a wren of sorts fluttering into the darkness from the living room to the kitchen. I freaked out. I thought that someone was in my house and a bird had been let in. I looked around but it was just me, the cat and the bird.

The cat went crazy. I tried forever to get the cat so that I could get her under control. She was running all around, leaping on the furniture, leaping in the air trying to follow the bird around the house. The bird landed on the ceiling fan down stairs. How was I going to get that bird out? I did not know . I did know that I had to get the cat under control first and she was having none of that. The bird flew upstairs and so did the car. It was utter pandemonium! Finally with a large helping of catnip I was able to trick the cat to come to me and I scooped her up and locked her in the downstairs bathroom. It was now about 10pm.

Now for the bird. It was upstairs. I had to get it down. It was flying crazily around. I tried to get it to fly toward the light by turning off all the lights up and it them came down. I tried tossing sheets over it and then towels. I opened the back patio door and tried to shoo it out. that did not work. It decided to glue itself to the ceiling fan. It flew upstairs again. God help me. I did not know who to call or what to do. I just chased that bird all around trying to get it to go outside.

It flew upstairs again. This time I turned off all the lights and opened the front door. If flew down the stairs and landed on a picture on the wall and perched there. Still it would not go out. I waited and finally three hours later, just a little after midnight, that bird finally flew to the top of the open front door and perched. It looked around and looked around and finally it flew out the front door.

That was freaky. I was tired. I let the cat out and she spent the rest of her night literally running and walking in each room over and over and over again looking up in the air for that bird. She was doing that for the next two days.


Post a Comment