June 28, 2008

Elusiveness of Sleep


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I was away for a week and slept on a different mattress each night. Some were lumpy, some were just dowmright hard and some were most comfortable. Regardless, each night was restful and I awoke feeling good. Now since I have been back, sleep , at least resrful sleep seems to be gone.

I sleep and wake each day feeling like a mac truck has run over me. I wonder if it is stress. I feel achy and tired like I have run a marathon during the night. I know most nights I go to bed stressed and I can wake up at the drop of a feather if I hear any sort of noise. It is like I am always anticipating something right before I go to bed. Most of the time that feeling of anticipation is correct.

I guess that is staying with me all night long. Stress is a funny thing. It can cause physical ailments. I spend most days struggling to keep my eyes open by mid afternoon. In reality, I have to just go to my car and take a 15 minutes snooze to make it or I could literally fall alseep at my desk if I were to close my eyes. Sleep deprevation. I think that is what that is. I sleep but somehow not sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment