September 22, 2008

Spring Cleaning



Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

About a month ago, my mother finally decided to clear out the back garage. We moved into that house when I was in the 4th grade, so they literally had things from back then packed up. We went thru it and just put gobs and gobs of things out on the street. I had things there from college days.

All these things used to be treasures. Once we put them out, all the ebayers and garage sale hunters came to scavenge through it. They came with cars and trucks and just loaded up all sorts of stuff. For years I had been telling my mom to let me help her with a garage sale or sell on ebay. Now it is all gone. For the best I say. Some of it was now so old that it was no good.


In the above picture I see one skate from my disco days. See it?! Just one. I paid $100 for those white leather skates and so did many friends of mine. We skated in the local disco bars when that was big back in the 1980's. Those were the days. I wanted to keep them but my brother convinced me to let them go. What would I do these days on those skates? Fall down and most likely bust my butt!! I still have the memories. Disco is not dead! It lives in me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment