March 05, 2012

Overdue Library Books

In the past I have had several incidences of very overdue library books.  The first book I still have.  Many years ago in the 1980's I checked out a book from a library when I lived in Georgia.  I ended up moving to another state and the book got packed up and was never returned.  I did not realize I still have the book.  I had several boxed of books in a storage unit for about a year or two.  When I finally unpacked, there was the book.  I still  have it on my bookshelf 20 years later and living several states away.  OOPS!

Almost the same thing happened about 10 years ago.  I had 4 library books and they too got packed up in a move and stored away.  I realized I still had them and I did return them to the library.  This time it was local.  It was only $6.00 to return books I had for about 10 years.  Apparently there is a limit on the fees.  Thank God for that!

Since then I have had no issues with books getting packed away that belong to the library.  The issue now is just having enough time to read the books I checked out.  Right now I am in the very middle of the new Stephen King book, 11/22/63.  It is due in a few days and I know that I will not finish it on my due date.  I will keep it till I am due and will incur those fees.  I was on a waiting list...number 69 when I began to read it.  I finally got it and I already went on line to renew and it has a hold.  So...there are many others still waiting on this book.  I will be reading fast and furious till  I get to the end.  I hope to be done with it by the weekend so that I can pass it on!  I guess I better get to reading and do less blogging!

0 comments:

Post a Comment