June 04, 2012

Books Done and Doing

Snapshots In My Time...Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I just finished  A Prayer for Owen Meaney by John Irving.  What a great book. It is available on Kindle.



This book made me laugh and cry.  It really made me become a champion of Owen Meany.  His prophetic visions...were they real?  They must have been.  Otherwise how could he  have know the date of his death so far in advance.  Amazing how that story fit together. Who knew that the shot would be so important in the end. It is an amazing book and very well worth the read.

Next on my agenda is "The Idiot" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.  I bought this book from Barnes and Noble about 2 years ago and it has sat on my shelf for that long.  I have looked at it, pulled it out, put it back and still it sat.  Finally, I will crack the cover and begin to read it.  Anything by Dostoyevsky has to be good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment