April 16, 2005

Angels in the Backfield


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

Do we really have guardian angels watching over us? Or does all that happens to us just happen with no rhyme or reason in the universe? Are we able to really choose our own destiny? I ponder these questions all the time. I have come to believe that we do have angels watching over us in ways that we may not understand and that they step in or guide things just at the nick of time to avoid disaster. Most of us are never aware when this happens because most of us are not normally in tune with that. I happen to be in tune, just a little, with the spirit world. Ever since the thing that was darker than dark, I have been in tune.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well last year, I was on my way to work one morning about 7:30am or so. I had just run an errand and was actually on my way back home to get something I had forgotten. Originally I was on a side street and had to make a right to get back on the main highway. I stopped at the stop sign, looked, saw no traffic and made a right onto the main road. There was still noone behind me. I was now on my way back home. I traveled about 8 blocks with noone behind me. I came to a light, stopped and then a light blue car turned off an other side street and was now behind me.

I thought nothing of that. It was just another car behind me. I traveled on. I had gotten to the point were I got off the main road by taking a right onto another street that led into the subdivision before mine. I would have to weave thru that neighborhood to get to mine. The blue car was still behind me but now that we were in the neighborhood, the driver began to flash his headlights. That was odd.

He began to ride my bumper and flash the lights and get so close that he had to jam on his brakes not to hit me. In the neighborhood I must have been doing 20 and so was he with all the crazy stuff as well. I looked in the rear view and I saw a monster sitting behind the wheel of that car. As soon as I saw his face, I knew that he was going to kill me. I was going to be a random victim. He was a white male. All the hair on his head was standing up and was tangled and matted. His hair must have been about shoulder length because it was like a giant, tangled rats nest. The only thing I could think was that he was on drugs or something or he was crazy.

Crazy, was what I was thinking the most. I decided not to panic and to not even let him know that I was alarmed. There was a firestation that I would have to pass by to get to my development. My plan was to get there. It was about 10 blocks away. Judging by the looks of his beat up car, he would not know the firestation was there. He was not from my area at all. I continued to drive normally. He continued to get right up on me, jam on the brakes just millimeters from hitting me, flash his lights and whenever I looked in the rearview, he was mouthing words and was laughing and was gesturing with his arms. I had never been so scared in my life. And at 7:30am in the morning! Things can happen at any time and at any place. Now I see how children can dissappear on their way to school. Crazy people and sex offenders are out all the time, 24 hours a day. We never really realize how close to death we may have come at various times throughout our daily routines or come into contact with killers.

I was approaching a stop sign still with this insane person behind me. I would have to make a right turn to get on the street that lead to the firestation and my development. Now in this neighborbood there is a woman that I see walking her dog all the time. Every morning I see her and her dog and her plastic bag of poop. I do not know her. I have never waived at her. I just see her everyday. I got to the stop sign and there she was to my left with her dog. Crazy man was still behind me.

For some reason I looked at the woman like I normally do . I had to look that direction anyway to make the turn. This morning for the first time in 4 years of me seeing her eveyday she waived at me. She has seen me drive by her for 4 years and she has never waived. She has looked but neve waived. Odd!

I waived back. I waived because I wanted the maniac behind me to think I was still unaware of him. I waived hoping that if something did happen to me, she would remember she waived. She may be possibly the last person to see me alive that morning. I turned right. I was expecting the blue car to turn also. It hesitated at the corner. I continued to drive as that fire station was not far now and I looked back in the rear view. The car did not turn the corner. All of a sudden it whipped around, like no car could in a u turn and it was gone. It was unnatural the way that car whipped around. I heard tires squealing and it was gone.

My arm pits were dripping with sweat. I did not go home. Just in case, I did not want him to know where I lived. I went on to work and decided I just needed to get somewhere where people were. The forgotten item was something to get later.

Now I have not seen that woman and her dog ever again. I have purposely driven thru her neighborhood just to see if I could see her. I have not. I have gone looking for her on weekends...just driving thru to see if I could see her. I swear, I have not seen her again. It made me think that the guy got her but that would have been on the news.

I think she was my guardian angel. I know she saved my life that day. That waive that saved my life, was something she was guarding over and waiting for, for four years. Her mission was accomplished so she is now gone. Sometimes on weekends I still get in the car and just drive thru that neighbor at my normal travel/work times to see if I would ever see her again and so far nothing. It is like she and the dog have just vanished. Just like that.

I do believe we have guardian angels. I am so very happy to have mine on the job when I need intervention to avoid danger.

From the web:

A guardian angel is a spirit who is believed to protect and to guide a particular person. The concept of tutelary angels and their hierarchy was extensively developed by Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite, in the 5th century.

The belief that God sends a spirit to watch every individual was common in Ancient Greek philosophy, and Plato mentions the belief in Phaedo, 108. Similarly, the belief appears in the Old Testament, although it is not specifically articulated or delineated. Enoch 100:5 says that the just have protecting angels. In Acts 12:15 there is another allusion to the belief. In the Gospel of Matthew 18:10, Jesus says that children are protected by guardian spirits:

"Never despise one of these little ones; I tell you, they have their guardian angels in heaven, who look continually on the face of my heavenly Father." (New English Bible)

Whether guardian angels attend each and every person is not consistently believed or upheld in Christian thought. Saint Ambrose believed that saints lose their guardian angels so that they might have a greater struggle and persevere. Saints Jerome and Basil argued that sin drove the angels away. The first Christian Church theologian to outline a specific scheme for guardian angels was Honorius of Autun (died 1151). He said that every soul was assigned a guardian angel the moment it was put into a body. Thomas Aquinas agreed with this and specified that it was the lowest order of angels who served as guardians, but Duns Scotus said that any angel might accept the mission. The contemporary orthodox belief is that guardian angels protect the body and present prayers to God.

A belief in guardian angels is expressed by the English physician and philosopher Sir Thomas Browne (1605-82) who stated in his Religio Medici first published in (1643):

Therefore for Spirits I am so farre from denying their existence, that I could easily beeleve, that not onley whole Countries, but particular persons have their Tutelary, and Guardian Angels: It is not a new opinion of the Church of Rome, but an old one of Pythagoras and Plato; there is no heresie in it, and if not manifestly defined in Scripiture, yet is it an opinion of a good and wholesome use in the course and actions of a man's life, and would serve as an Hypothesis to salve many doubts, whereof common philosophy affordeth no solution.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment