May 30, 2005

Secrets


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

We all have secrets that we carry with us from childhood and I suspect most secrets we still have are from our adult lives. Some are dark and I suspect most are. If we were able to tell, we would not need to keep the secret. I for one do not like a lot of secrets, nor do I keep a lot of secrets within me. There is too much time and energy trying to keep secrets "SECRET" in my opinion. Time and emotion that I can be devoting to other things.



Guarding a secret is the same as guarding one’s chastity. Those who keep a secret, whether personal or a friend’s, keep themselves chaste. Conversely, those who spread secrets damage their honor and reputation by leaving them unguarded.

If you want to tell someone a secret, be sure that you could trust him or her with your honor. He or she must be as meticulous about keeping your secret as he or she would be about his or her own honor. An unreliable person, one who is ignorant of the value of chastity, should not be entrusted with keeping your secret.

Keeping a secret and respecting the secrets of others, as opposed to prying into them, is a virtue related to self-discipline and sensitivity. Those who lack understanding cannot guard a secret, and those who do not care about the consequences of words and actions cannot be considered discreet.

It is usually wiser not to relate your private concerns to others, especially if they are unattractive, offensive, or lacking in merit. To do so can embarrass loved ones and delight enemies, and have other unpleasant consequences as well.

Hearts are created as safes for keeping secrets. Intelligence is their lock; will-power is their key. No one can break into the safe and steal its valuables if the lock or key are not faulty.

Bear in mind that those who carry others’ secrets to you might bear yours to others. Do not give such tactless people any chance to learn even the smallest details of your private concerns.


My Secret

I am trying to recall if I have any secrets I need to out. The only one that comes to mind surrounds an incident that happened in middle school. We had a boy in our class and he was vey chubby, fat even. Everyone called him butterball. He did not like that nickname but he was called that the whole school year. One day he and I got into a disagreement about something and we both got mad at each other. It was right before lunch and recess and I was the last one out of the class. Without really thinking I ran to the chalk board and wrote "Butterfall is a pig." It was realy meant as a joke..more teasing. We all went back to class after lunch and he saw that and burst into tears. The teacher demaned to know who wrote that. Noone raised a hand. She never found out and neither did he. I felt really bad as I had not meant to cause him to cry. The whole class had no recess for the remainder of the week. That was the end of that. I never did anything like that again.


Heck, today in our computerized world there are secrets called easter eggs hidden in movies, cd's and programs. I have found a couple. Thank goodness there is a website to help you find them: Easter Eggs. I wonder if we will ever find out how let the secret pictures of Saddam in his underwear out. That was supposedly a military leak.


I have found a very unusual site where you can post your secrets and noone will ever know . It is called Post Secret. After reading some of the secrets, mine do not seem so bad. Here are a couple of secrets I thought were interesting.










1 comments: