December 08, 2005

Don Ho


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.



Who doesn't remember Don Ho? I grew up with him. My mother loved him. His variety show used to come on everyday after school. We would all gather round the tele to watch him sing timey bubble. He sang that everyday. It was his theme song. I had not thought about him I years until I saw this article. I remember even having a crush on him. He was very cute in his early years. Check out his website here: Don Ho Website.

Whenever we watched his show, it was like we had a little piece of Hawaii wherever we were. I wish him well and I sure do hope that the can get that pacemaker regulated. Sounds like it is not properly adjusted as of yet. Don Ho, he was the best!


Cnn
Legendary Hawaiian crooner Don Ho was recovering Tuesday at a hospital in Thailand after undergoing an experimental stem cell procedure on his ailing heart.

Ho, 75, known for his signature tune "Tiny Bubbles," underwent a new treatment that has not been approved in the United States. It involves multiplying stem cells taken from his blood and injecting them into his heart in hopes of strengthening the organ, according to Ed Brown, a close friend.

After the treatment, Ho's vital signs were excellent, but he remained seriously ill and was in the hospital's intensive care unit, Brown said in a telephone interview from his home in Malibu, California.

Ho, who has entertained tourists for more than four decades, has suffered from heart problems for about a year and had a pacemaker implanted a few months ago.

In August, Ho was admitted to a hospital with shortness of breath. He was treated for an abnormal heart rhythm and released after three days. He soon returned to his Waikiki show on a reduced schedule.

"He felt well enough, but his pacer sometimes would go off in his chest and scare the hell out of him," Brown said. "That's a difficult thing to live with right in the middle of 'Tiny Bubbles.' "

Besides "Tiny Bubbles," Ho's other hits include "I'll Remember You," "With All My Love" and the "Hawaiian Wedding Song."


0 comments:

Post a Comment