March 12, 2006

Handling a Difficult Person

According to a story on Jim Huggins' Humor page (and attributed to W. Craig Trader), during the last days of old Stapleton Airport in Denver a flight was canceled. The airline that canceled the flight had only one agent to rebook a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly, an unhappy traveler pushed his way to the head of the line. He slapped his ticket down and said, "I have to be on this next flight and it has to be first class!"

The ticket agent politely told the man, "I'm sorry sir. I'll be happy to help you, but I've got to help these folks first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

This did not satisfy the customer and he said loudly, "Do you have any idea who I am?"

The agent smiled and grabbed his public address microphone: "May I have your attention, please. We have a passenger who does not know who he is. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to the gate."

The angry man retreated, and the crowd applauded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment