November 23, 2006

Game Night


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

About two saturday nights 'ago,'(if that makes any sense) some friends invited me for game night at their house. Now I have never been a card player and do not even know how to play any cards. Whenever I tell people I cannot play they always ask me why I did not learn that in college. It seems that was the place to learn to pay cards. Spades and hearts and all those other games I never learned. I was ready to be the cheerleader for game night and just watch but as it turned out I did learn some games I had never heard of before. Spoons which is a card game, kind of like musical chairs with spoons and cards. That was a lot of fun. People were fighting each other over those spoons! It was hilarious.

The other game we played that was a gard game was Moose in the House. It was fun once I got the hang of it. We also played Apples to Apples. That was a fun game as well. The only other kind of cards I have ever played is War, Uno and Old Maid. And Fish.

Now some of my coworkers are really into cards. The guys mainly. They have poker parties and even suggested that we play poker at one of the company picnics. ( That was axed quickly as it was gambling on company time.) It seems that poker has made a big comeback in the past 2 years. It is still a mystery to me. I would have to have a teacher. I could never be a
VegasPokerPro, but I would at least like to maybe be invited to some of those parties. No telling what sort of corporate talk is being discussed away from the office over the poker chips. I know it happens. It happens when those same office guys play golf together. They talk and plan and discuss things.

For me to even begin to get started I would have to read about some of the strategies and moves and learn the terminology. VegasPokerPro.com. VPP is a great resource for poker strategie. It tells about starting hands, controlling your ego and everything for a novice, like me. I do not know if I would ever be really good at this game, since I do not play any sort of cards. But for those who are and needs tips and pointers and really want to connect with other poker players, there is even a poker forum to join. There you can talk with other poker players "in the know." That entire site features an active community forum, free poker tournaments, reviews of online poker sites, and free poker gift promotions.

Be sure to check it out. It might just put some extra game in your game night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment