November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!



Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I hope everyone had a great Thanskgiving. I went to mom and dad's again this year. Normally I do not always cook but this year I did too. When I go to mom's and eat, I normally have nothing at home to eat or I have to go grocery shopping so this year I cooked a turkey too so that I will have food for the rest of the week.

I found a great recipe for a beer and butter injection marinade that I used for my turkey. It is wonderful. Here is the recipe. You will not be dissapointed if you use it. It can be used on chicken as well. I like the injection way to marinade. It makes the meat so much more tender. Enjoy!

Use this marinade to reach deep into the meat of poultry, especially turkey to deliver loads of flavor before you cook. Make sure the mixture is warm to keep the butter liquid.

INGREDIENTS:

· 1/2 pound butter

· 1/2 can beer

· 2 tablespoons salt

· 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

· 2 tablespoons Tabasco

· 1 tablespoon soy sauce

· 2 teaspoons garlic powder

· 2 teaspoons onion powder

PREPARATION:

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over a low heat. Stir and heat until salt is dissolved and the sauce is even and runny. Keep warm (but not hot) to inject.


Now the one thing I did not have time to do today was make my sides for me. I just made the turkey and then went to mom's . I will have to make the macaroni and yams and vegetables on tomorrow for dinner. I will be set. The only bad thing is that the turkey I got was way too big. Costco turkeys? Well of course everything at that store seems to be industrial sized. My turkey was 19 pounds. Yes, it will be cut up and put into the freezer. It is a massive bird. Almost mutant looking, those legs are so big. Yummy! Gooble Gooble!

0 comments:

Post a Comment