November 29, 2006

My Cars


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

My first car was a used car. I was in college at the time and it was our 3rd car...my mom had her car...new, my father had his , also new and I had the 3rd car. The ford falcon. It was a very old car as I was in college from 1979-1983. That little car could go and go and GO! It never broke down. I would pile friends in it on the weekends and off to the clubs we would go.

You would think that I would be ashamed to drive it , but I was not. I did not have to buy my own car. My parents just let me drive this one. That was good enough for me. My last year in college it began to give a little trouble. I was not sure what. If I had any car problems at all, I would simply call my father and he would take care of it for me.

I never did not have any problem with Used Cars. I have had other used cars or programs since then as well as new ones. I did not have the advantage of looking them up ahead of time. In those days, you took the car to a mechanic before you finalized the deal, he gave you the okay and you crossed your fingers and left with a used car. Used car shopping has definitely been kicked up a notch. On LemonFree, you can actually search for any kind of car you want to find, by state and even country. There are actually reviews of cars so that you can research the manufacuter, the make and find out all the details you need to know about the cars you are intereted in. Check out this review of the 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara. This site makes it easy and it even provides links to other car related sites that you may need to check out as well.

I think the best page of all is the page on how to avoid being scammed when buying that used car. Avoid Scams & Fraud. We all need to read this. It provides some very useful information.

My last year of college, my parents bought me a brand new car. My falcon was traded in for a few hundred dollars. All the time we had that car my father was constantly being approached to sell it. It was a collectible car due to the age. I got my new navy chevy cavalier and the falcon was gone. I hated to see it go. About a week after the sale, my mother heard that a man had bought the falcon and had had a serious wreck in it. I guess that car left just in time. I was kind of sad, sad of course for the man and sad that my beloved ford falcon was no more.


0 comments:

Post a Comment