November 29, 2006

Office Guilt


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I am so tired today I cannot think. I am not sure why. I just know that if I sit still for too long I can fall alseep on the spot. That realy sounds like sleep deprevation. This afternoon we have two people in our office retiring. The party is at 3:30. They have worked for over 30 years. The office collected money for a gift from the employees which is separate from what the company is giving. It was volunteer as far as the office. I did not give. I thought about it long and hard and I though why? These two people have not alwasy been the nicest to me, nor have they been helpful for the 8 years I have been there. Some of their meaness has been as recent as last month. So now I should give money to peopel who I know could care less about me? I was torn. I should be the bigger woman...let bigones be bigones?

Well, I it had been in the back of my mind the entire day. I had decided I would run out at lunch and get them each a card. Then I said no! Did they ever give me a card on a birthday of mine? Or send me a get well card when I was sick or when I had my gall bladder out and was in the hospital? No. Not a look my way or a call. I am one who really cannot give for the sake of the group. I give to people because I want to. So here I am, no card. I will wish them well at the party today and have a good time eating cake and having punch.

Do we really have to give just because it is a group thing? Now if it was the boss that is different. That is almost an obligation, bosses day, birthday, Christmas. But just another co-worker on the same level as you, who has been mean on and off throught the years? No. I will not give money to them for a gift. Well, what do you think? Would you have given money?

0 comments:

Post a Comment