November 02, 2006

Ted Haggard Gay?


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.



Why Ted, I think you protest too much! A rumor like that does not just materialize out of the blue. We all know that there is some truth in every rumour or evey rumour starts with the truth and gets changed in the telling.

The president of the National Association of Evangelicals resigned Thursday after denying an accusation by a male prostitute that the pastor paid him for sex over three years.

The Rev. Ted Haggard said he is also temporarily stepping aside from the pulpit of his church in Colorado Springs, Colorado, pending an internal investigation by the church.

"I've never had a gay relationship with anybody. I'm steady with my wife. I'm faithful to my wife," Haggard told CNN affiliate KUSA-TV.

Haggard is married and has five children, according to the National Association of Evangelicals Web site.


Well if that were the case, where did that rumor come from?

The allegations were made Tuesday and Wednesday on Denver radio station KHOW by Mike Jones, who said he was a male prostitute and had a three-year sexual relationship with Haggard, with the last tryst occurring in August. He also said Haggard used methamphetamine during their encounters.

Jones said the relationship began about three years ago, when a man identifying himself as "Art" -- who said he was a married man from Kansas City, Missouri -- sought his services. Jones said he advertised at the time as a male prostitute on the Internet and in newspapers serving the gay community.

The two saw each other about once a month, with Art visiting Jones in Denver and paying him $200 in cash "for no more than an hour," Jones said.

"It was not emotional. It was physical, just strictly physical," he said.


When I read that, it sounded true to me! It is just a shame he put up that facade for so long! Poor wife and those five kids!

||


0 comments:

Post a Comment