January 29, 2007

Bump in the Day


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

Now you will recall that I ahve always been a child who saw things. Remember something spooky my way came? Well since my father died in December I have at times felt him near. He seems far away now. Yet spooky things are starting to happen in my parents house. I really got a scare tonight. I was walking from the den into the kitchen and the kitchen cabinet closed by itself. Like there was about 1/2 inch left open and someone closed it. I jumped. I looked at the cabinet just to the left of my head. It was now closed. I opened it and closed it again and it made the same sound. Like the wood is just a little swollen and you have to push to get it to close all the way. That can't happen by itself. I am all freaked out now. That is the second thing that has happened.

The first thing happened on sunday night. I was in my fathers room with my mother and we wer talking about how much we missed him. Mom had picked up a shirt and was smelling it. It still smelled like him. She took two big whiffs and smiled a sad little smiled that filled up her eyed. That made my heart sink inside. He really is gone. All of a sudden I heard a footstep. right next to me. It sounded just like the sound dad's footsteps made. Mom had a piece of plastic runner on the carpet to protect it. It was his step on that plastic. I must have been the only one who heard it. Mom was right next to me and she did not heard anything. Just me. I was startled.

Is is a sign? Is it him? I don't know. I only know that on the way home all the grief that I have had pent up came out. I sobbed like it was the end of the world. I cried so hard and so deep that I even had 2 silent screams. Those screams were screams of my soul. Those tears were the tears of my soul. He really is gone. It is still so hard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment