January 28, 2007

Maintaining Credit


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I think that young people today have no idea of how money really works and how it can impact your future for a very long time. I come from a home were money was never really discussed. It was a secret. Money was a secret, what things cost was a secret, budgets were a secret, so when I first left home I was ill prepared to manage my own finances. I did a bad job at first, just spending on things I wanted and not taking care of the household bills first. Thank god those first years of living on my own are long, long over. I ended up having to call my parents who bailed me out, but never really did anything to teach me about finances. I recall several bailouts in those first years of trying to live on my own. I know that it most likely damaged my credit report.

I have never gotten a free Free Credit Report , but I think that it is something I may do in the future. I recall many years ago when I was first applying for credit cards I got turned down quite often. I know it stemmed from those initial bailouts when my parents had to help me. I finally got control and out myself on a budget. It was hard, but it worked. It made all the difference. Keeping track and really writing down where every penny goes makes you very aware of all the things you do not really need or just waste money on.

I think it is to everyone's advantage to look at your credit report at least once a year. Businesses are run bu humans and sometimes there are errors that need to be correct. Your credit condition is reflected on your credit score. If you have a bad credit score you are most likely not going to get that loan. If you need help with budgeting, like I did , you may need to do what I did. I got credit couseling. It made all the difference in me surviving on my own and not having to call my parents for help anymore.

If you are having a financial crisis, there are lots of resources out there, so don't give up hope. It will take time but you can make a change for the positive when it comes to managing your finances. Check out Credit Loan. There is a wealth of resources and information to help you rangin from information on debt consolidation to credit cards to bankrupcy. Things may look bleak now, but there is a way to turn it around. It will take just a little will power, some consistency and the ability to say NO! when you feel like spending money.
My Disclosure Policy

1 comments:

  1. It is great that you think of your credit profile and try to build a good credit history. But I should say, it's not the overimportant thing in our lives, we should sometimes think of our health, fun or nature.
    And one more thing. It is a known fact that you can lose your identity when applying for an online credit report. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete