January 25, 2007

Things Happen For A Reason

We may not know why or even how but odd things happen.  Things that seem really wrong!  Like right now.  We have had some changes in the office and someone who for most of the years she had been here has been sickly.  Sick and out of work for long periods of time.  Me?  I am always here.  Yet this person has gotten a promotion of sorts.  They have been removed from the normal drudgery and now works for the big boss in a temporary position what will last for all of 2007.  It is lateral but better.  Why?  Why do the non-deserving get and some of the deserving do not get ?  That is a hard one for me.  

I know life is not fair but does it have to be unfair most of the time to me?  I have never had an easy way to go.  It has always been a struggle.  They say that things happen for a reason and I even have a worry stone at my desk that says that on it.  I guess I will have to make the best of what I have.  I do, but is sure would be nice to get an easy ride once in a while.  Life seems like it is so much easier and better for some.  I just want to taste that for just a little while. 

They say you are supposed to make lemonade out of lemons.  I do not want any more lemons.  I have had enough.  I want a margarita or a bahama mama.  Just anything else except more lemons.  I have enough lemons to share with just about everyone in my city.  I have them stockpiled and I am ready to clear out all those lemons.  I just want some ease in my life. Is that too much to ask?          

0 comments:

Post a Comment