March 04, 2007

Phyllis


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I remember many years ago when I was in the 6th grade, there was a girl named Phyllis in my class. She was teased unmercifully. She wore a wig and people were alwasy pulling the wig off. I often wondered why she wore the wig. She sat right next to me in the next aisle. I never bothered her but I did think she was a little odd. Her torture by the other middle schoolers went on and on. I often wondered why the teachers did nothing. I wonder if they really knew. I finally asked enough people until I found out why she wore that wig. She had cancer. It was like a big secret. I wonder if she had to us or had the teachers tell us what was wrong if that would not have prevented her being bothered so much. I felt sorry for her. After that I tried to help her whenever I could. I began to really despise the bullies in the class. They never gave up. I eventually began their target as well.

Middle school was very hard. Phyllis went through that school year and she did not return the next fall. I wonder if she survived the summer. Noone ever said anything else about her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment