April 16, 2007

BlackScene!


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

Dating. It is a tricky thing. These days there are all sorts of options beyond meeting the person of your dreams at the grocery store or the book store or at church. That was where I was told you were supposed to meet the one to marry. Or at school or in school while in college. Never worked for me. Now in our age of technology there is the internet. There are personal sites all over. Check out Black Personals. You might just find someone interesting.


Black Singles is free and only needs your basic information to sign up and get started searching for Mr. or Mrs. Right! Something new that will be a way to get to know people sooner is the chat room. With chats of course you have the chance to speak or chat live as opposed to waiting on an email exchange. If you want to see who has signed up, there is a way to check out the picture gallery. ( Watch yourself! Show me whacha workin' with!) Your membership will give you full access for the first 5000 members. You can create profiles, upload pictures and search for your honey to be!

They even have something called the "Little Black Book." It will allow you to save memebrs you want to meet there and allow access to private pictures and other special things in their profiles. Dating is hard these days. I think so. Places like Blackscene will help make it a little easier. Be sure to check them out!

Check out this dating technique of my mothers. It doomed me to be dateless. Nevertheless, it was what I had to endure. Please let me never be like her when it comes to my kids!!! Dating was quite an experience. I did not date until my junior year of high school. Before anyone could go out with me they had to pass the test my mother gave them. Before the date was even sanctioned, the unsuspecting boy had to come over to my house for an interview by my mother. If they did not EVEN pass the interview the date would never happen.

So...said boy would show up to meet my parents. Setting was the formal living room not the comfortable den. My mother and father would sit on the sofa and he would sit in the chair. I was sitting at the formal dining room table watching. It was all that I could do. It was totally out of my control.

Pleasantries were exchanged and the interrogation would begin. My mother did all the talking. She would ask all of the following questions:
1. Who are your people and what are their names?
2. Where do you live?
3. What do your parents do for a living?
4. How long have your parents worked at those jobs?
5. How old are you?
6. What grade are you in?
7. Do you plan to attend college?
8. If so where do you plan to attend college?
9. Do you smoke?
10. Do you drink?

Those were the basics and depending on the answers, those questions could be expanded upon. Well, even if the boy passed the test, the grilling he got was severe and he most likely would not want to go out. Imagine a bug under a magnifying glass. That was how I felt just listening and I was not even my potential date.

My Dislosure Policy

0 comments:

Post a Comment