April 24, 2007

Veiled Rememberances


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

Thinking about weddings has made me think about the veil I handmade for my last wedding. I did not have a lot of money so I did make my dress. It was beautiful. It was satin creme with a small floral print embossed on the satin. The veil I was at first going to buy. I decided that after doing some investigation, I think I could make it. I got the materials and found a pattern and some very nice pictures and designed my own. It turned out beautiful.

I cam across the hat box it was in when I moved. It was still beautiful. It had not yellowed at all. I tried it on and for some reason I decided to keep it. I was thinking about sending it off to good will. I can't. It reminds me of a time that I held most sacred. I made that veil and alot of love and feeling went into making it. That still means alot ot me, althought the marriage is long over. Funny the things we stay attached to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment