June 21, 2007

Shine


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I recently saw the movie called Shine. Shine was made in 1996 and it is the true life story of David Helfgott. I must say that it was a tragic, riveting movie. It was so very sad. I cried or rather I tried to hold it all in. There came a time when I could do it no more. When David, played by Geoffrey Rush, cried on stage after he had overcome his illness and was on his way to playing concerts again, I had to let it all out. It was the climax of the movie. It was beautifully done and the music was excellent. I can see why it won an Oscar. Coming from parents who were just as toxic as David's was, it was kind of like seeing some of my early childhood. (Thank god I was stronger than he was..no breakdowns here.) If y ou have not seen Shine, it is a movie worth seeing. Check it out!




0 comments:

Post a Comment