September 28, 2007

Free Raleigh, NC Getaway


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I lived in North Carolina for quite a few years; first in Chapel Hill, then in Durham. I loved North Carolina because it had all four seasons. While I was there, I did have the opportunity to go to Raleigh many times for shopping and other attractions. While North Carolina is still a very rural place, there are pockets of big city life, bright lights and even big money. I thought there was still a down home country feel to most things and places when I lived there, but I did love the seasons.

When I lived there I had a chance to go to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. I went there several times with family when they came to visit me and with the guy I was dating at that time. Now there is an exhibit going on called Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries. This is not your mama's school course on dinosaurs. This is a modern up to date scientific look at what life for the dinosaurs would have been like. It gives a window into their world. That is just one of many things to do and see in that city. It has so many things to do that it has been nicknamed the "Smithsonian of the South." There are also performing arts like the symphony and theatre and visual arts like art shows and galleries to visit.

I do believe I have said before, the season changes are a big thing for me. I was amazed to see the leaves change for the very first time ever when I experienced my first fall there. Never was there anything as beautiful to me. I took many pictures that first fall. I remember one very large tree in the middle of a cemetary in Durham that was just stunning! Then we had ice storms in the winter. That was wonderful and exciting as well! Raleigh and that entire triangle area make the perfect Fall Getaway because many people simply do not realize what a secret treasure that area is!

Of course there are also the historical landmarks to visit and appreciate. For example, Raleigh is rich in African American heritage with landmarks in education, business, religion and medicine. There are also downtown walking tours of the historical landmarks of the city. There are many options for the vacationer or visitor to the city. Right now there is a way to go there absolutely free! You need to register for the FREE Raleigh Getaway contest. You might win the following:
-One night accommodations for two at the Courtyard by Marriott Raleigh Crabtree Valley
-$25 gift certificate to Bloomsbury Bistro
-Free VIP admission for two to Rum Runners
-2 tickets to the North Carolina Theatre
-2 tickets to the N.C. Museum of Art’s Landscapes from the Age of Impressionism
-2 tickets to Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries at the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences

Someone has to win so do not forget to enter! It might just be you. You could be on your way top see the leaves change. It is September now you know. Or, even better, if you went in winter, you will be getting just the right amount of snow and ice to make you really savor the beauty of winter. Raleigh! It's for everyone! SO, plan your trip or enter the sweepstakes today! Fun and excitement await you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment