September 07, 2011

Precious Black Swan

I had the opportunity to see Precious yesterday. I checked it out from the library. It has to be one of the most disturbing movies I have seen in quite awhile. I mean. I guess I feel a connection because I too suffered some abuse as a child for quite a while. I wonder if abuse, if portrayed on the big screen would all be so disturbing? I wonder. I suffered a lot. About half way through I was wondering if Precious would ever be able to get away. I thank god she did. Mothers. Some are just biological. They spit you out into the world with no sense of giving a baby any of the skills to survive and in fact, do all they can to thwart any upward growth. Only by change and the grace of God and the help of others do a few manage to see the light, break free and end the cycle.

Precious. She was anything but that to her mother.

Black Swan. Black Swan. What can I say. I saw this movie too. It was a movie weekend. It took me a while to realize the main actress/ballerina was mentally ill. She had to be schizophrenic and I think even had some sort of dis-associative disorder. I think she was even having some sort of personality split. The movie was well done but again....why did not that mother get that child some help? She needed some medication.

Precious black swans. May you always find the strength. Somehow.

I did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment