March 09, 2012

Time to Carpe Diem

You would think that I would  have a lot of time on my hands but I don't. Weird how that happens.  THINGS just come in and suddenly all the time in the world you thought your would have is not there.  I make lists and have mental lists of things I want and need to do. Some things get done and some don't.  I wonder if we ever really have time to waste away.

I really think about this when I hear about people who are famous, retiring.  You get that announcement that some famous sports coach is retiring and then  it seems that within a month or two they die.  They do not get to enjoy their retirement at all.  Seems criminal to me.  Like the joke is on them.  Whatever vacation plans with the family and just taking it easy never even had the chance to happen. Why is that?  And is seems it does not happen to only the rich or famous.  Locally I have heard some things like that happen as well.  They retire and within a week a heart attack happens and they are dead.

Seems like cruel and unusual punishment.  All those years of work and not time to rest and relax.  Some of my friends have said it was the retirement that did them in.  Can that be possible?  The shock of not having a job to go to caused  a sense of bewilderment, disorientation and stress. The lack of a list, an agenda, a meeting, a crisis....could that have caused stress that lead to death.  I do not know. It all seems so unfair.

We do not know the hour we will be called, so we need to live each day like it is our last. Really.  Not many of us do this.  Me included.  I think we would get so much more of out each day if we did.  Carpe diem.  Everyday and all day.  Carpe Diem.


0 comments:

Post a Comment