March 17, 2015

A Year of Books

Is there anyone out there participating in Mark Zuckerburg's reading challenge for 2015?  He is reading 2 books a month and having a Q and A with the authors most times.  It is called A Year of Books .  I have either bought the ones I really wanted and the rest I have checked out from my local library.  With work I have not been able to keep up.  The books have selected so far have almost been like text books and very long.  Not easy reads.  Full of graphs and statistics. 

The only easy read has been Gang Leader for a Day by Sudhir Venkatesh.  It was interesting because that was a sociology book, which was my major in college.  I am about 1/2 way through The End of Power.  Now I am trying to clog through the current book, Creativity, Ink by Ed Catmull. It is a good book, interesting.  I do like it because I was a Disney cast member for nine years.  Little by little I will get through them. 

I am determined to keep up with you, Mark Zuckerburg!  I just need to read faster!  It's a great challenge with some very challenging books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment