January 22, 2007

Bottoms Up!



Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

Since my father died in December, I have had to be everything to my mother. I have had to help with so many things. Stress, my stress level runneth over. I had not even had time to grieve. Today was a long day at work. Tonight I think I will have a glass of wine. It might be relaxing and just what the doctor ordered for today. I was shopping in the World Market about 7 weeks ago and they were having a sale on some of their bar ware and martini shakers. I am not a big fan of martinis. I might drink about 3 or 4 per year. But I bought a shaker. It was so cute. The cuteness factor was what made me buy it. Not the thought of making a martini at home. So there he is. He sits on top of the refrigerator guarding the kitchen.

During the early part of December, I had planned to have some friends over for drinks. I even went out and bought some alcohol. I bought some Canadian Club, Vermouth, Vodka, and for me some Courvoisier. I only had about 2 drinks of Courvoisier to try to calm my nerves a few nights after my father died. Now I have all these bottles of liquor that I guess will sit until next christmas. I bought large bottles hoping to have a party.

I might have to break down and look up a recipe for martinis from the internet and try to make some. I have to at least use my penquin at least once.

0 comments:

Post a Comment