January 24, 2007

Just Making It



Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

Today was such a draggy day. I could not sleep last night and I had an early breakfast meeting this morning. So I had to get up extra early to get to work on time. The meeting was complete with slide show, a short presentation and a catered breakfast. The food was good, but no amount of coffee work me up today. By my sheer will alone I worked like a trojan and got a lot os clutter off my desk. I felt good about that but my 2pm I was ready to go to bed. There is not rest for the weary because I had to go to a meeting after work at 5:30 that lasted until 7:45 tonight. It was a long day.

Right now I am having something sweet but good for you. Sweet potatoe souffle. I love it. Makes me feel no so guilty about eating something a little sweet. Yams are healthy for you.

All evening and just about all day as I have been driving to and from, I have had my mind on my father. I can't believe he is gone. It has been a month and 2 days since he died and I am having all sorts of picture thoughts of him in my mind in various past situations. I felt like he was very close to me and all around me until recently. Now he seems to be very far away. I hate that. It makes it real, yet it does not seem real. I am still in a state of disbelief. I keep seeing him in his favorite maroon windbreaker. I now feel like I need to go to my parents house and get someof his belongings to feel close to him. That is a nagging feeling I have had for thepast three days. I think I will get something of his to have with me at home and something else to have with me at work. God I miss him. I just can't believe he has left us all alone with just memories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment