February 22, 2007

Patriotic Posters


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.




That day I was at work, just like any other day. I was sitting at my desk working at my computer. The big boss secretary-- Linda, came walking over very quickly to me and said that a plane had just flown into one of the towers of the World Trade Center. She is a jokester anyway so I did not believe her. She was always saying all sorts of crazy things! What she was saying was just too fantastic and crazy. Just too unbelieveable. She said she was just in the breakroom and saw it on the tv so she ran to tell me. Yeah! Right!
"Linda, get out of here, you crazy girl!"

That is what I said to her. She said that she was not joking. "A plane just flew into the WTC tower."

I really looked at her and saw that she was serious. She again said that a plane had flown into one of the towers in New York. I got up and went to the breakroom and the tv was on. Linda did not follow me. She was busy telling others the same thing she told me.

There was noone in the break room but me at that time. I saw the first tower in ruins, smoke, fire, the news channels had cut into every morning tv show. I was in total shock and disbelief. More and more employees came into the breakroom and we all watched in silence. We all saw the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower. We all just stood around looking. We did not know what to say or what to do. Some left the breakroom to call their family members who were at home.

I was numb. I was not in New York, but something inside me knew that things would not be the same. How could that happen? When I look at this poster, one of many patriotic posters, it brings back memories of that day. I see those towers that are no more. The poster is beautiful and at the link in the line above, you can find it and all things patriotic and read, white and blue. They even have vintage americana, replicas of historic documents like the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence, among others. They even have magnets as well. Check them out. You might just find something moving, like the one pictured above.


0 comments:

Post a Comment