February 25, 2007

Old and Alone


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

Are we so consumed with ourselves that we cannot check on our neighbors. This is a sad story. It is even more sad that he had no family or neighbor or friend to check on him. It is amazing that he still had electricity. Where I am if you are a few days late, you will come home to a dark house and there is not any way to turn it back on till the next day. Maybe with his condition there was some sort of arrangemnt for people with medical conditions. That is available where I am. The current will not be turned off if you have some sort of medical condition. I am concerned that I will be alone with my cats. I hope that this is not my fate.
==============

Police called to a Long Island man's house discovered the mummified remains of the resident, dead for more than a year, sitting in front of a blaring television set.

The 70-year-old Hampton Bays, New York, resident, identified as Vincenzo Ricardo, appeared to have died of natural causes. Police said on Saturday his body was discovered on Thursday when they went to the house to investigate a report of a burst water pipe.

"You could see his face. He still had hair on his head," Newsday quoted morgue assistant Jeff Bacchus as saying. The home's low humidity had preserved the body.

Officials could not explain why the electricity had not been turned off, considering Ricardo had not been heard from since December 2005.

Neighbors said when they had not seen Ricardo, who was diabetic and had been blind for years, they assumed he was in the hospital or a long-term care facility.


0 comments:

Post a Comment