April 19, 2007

Customs Remembered

Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

The first time I went on a cruise I had the best time ever and will never forget it. It was magical and I went alone. I met people and had a grand ole' time. Now the first time going on the ship getting through customs was kind of crazy. I had packed my bag to the hilt and way in the center of it was my curling iron. I guess when they x-rayed that bag it looked like something suspicious. I had to unpack that bag and pull everything out just to prove that it was indeed a curling iron. I was irritated at the man who was checking the bag. He was acting like it was not a curling iron and low and behold when it was he seemed kind of disappointed. I had another small bag within a bag and it was clean underwear. He asked about the bag. Well of course it was to put the dirty ones in to bring back home. A dirty pair would go into the plastic bag each day so that they were all bundled together. I told him he was going to help me repack that bag because I had to sit on it to get it closed. He did not but finally I got it all back in and proceeded on board.

For that trip I made a visit to my local travel agent in person and booked that trip. I remember going in about 3 times to see her and pay. She booked me a fantastic trip in a fantastic room. That was in 1988. Times sure have changed since then. You no longer need to go doen to your local travel agent to book a great cruise or a trip to a resort. You can do it all on line these days. There are many online agencies out there but you must be sure to check out Hotel Reservations.com.

They offer more than 70,000 places to stay for vacaton ranging from hotels and resorts to condos and bread and breakfasts inns. Now of course all of these places have great discounts and if you really want to stay somewhere exotic, then you will want to check out the hotel hot deals they have on some of the global destinations! Search by state or country for the dream location for your next trip. There are even special internet rates that will offer even more discounted prices. On some reservations you can save up to 70% off. After you book with them and if there is a lower rate available for the same dates and the same hotel with another agency, you won't be left hanging. If you contact them within 24 hours of booking the internet rate reservation, you can cancel the reservation or ask for a refund of the difference between the costs.

Hotel Reservations.com can assit with all parts of your trip. They can assit with rental cars, airfare and even vacation packages. Qualified agents are available 24 hours aday to assist you with your travel plans and hotel reservations. If you are in the market for taking a trip this summer, check them out. Consider booking with them for your next trip to paradise!


0 comments:

Post a Comment