April 21, 2007

Kitty Carlisle Dead at 96


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

When I was in middle school, I remember coming home each day and my mother would be watching her afternoongames shoes. I remember watching "To Tell the Truth" daily. I rememeber seeing Kitt Carlisle daily. She was a fixed icon on that show. She seems like she lived a full life for a very long time. I just hope she is at peace now.



Kitty Carlisle Hart, whose long career spanned Broadway, opera, television and film, including the classic Marx Brothers movie "A Night at the Opera," has died at age 96, her son said Wednesday.

Christopher Hart said his mother had been in and out of the hospital since contracting pneumonia over the Christmas holidays.

"She passed away peacefully" at home, said Hart. "She had such a wonderful life, and a great long run, it was a blessing."

Hart had appeared for years on the popular game show "To Tell the Truth" as a celebrity panelist.


0 comments:

Post a Comment