April 16, 2007

People of the Lie


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

I am just about to finish People of the Lie by Scott Peck. It is one of the most inciteful books I have read so far this year. It has been key in pointing out and confirming some things I have always thought and known. There is real evil in people. I am concenred about this because I have had to move back home since my father died in december and I now know for sure that evil is alive in my mother. Real evil and I mean REAL. It was always there as a child and since I have been back, I know it is still there. Sad for her. Bad for me, but I am equipped to deal with it now, as an adult.

Battles are being waged and so far I am ahead. One of the things the book points out is that evil people project their evil onto others. They are constantly saying others are evil and bad but it really is them. They cannot look at themselves at all. Evil people are very narcissistic and that is her as well. All of the following apply:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

  1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  4. requires excessive admiration
  5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
  6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
  8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
  9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

In addition, evil people tend to scapegoat others. She is trying that and trying to be a bully. Confrontation is the only way to stop a bully, so as I said before wars are being waged and I am winning. I won't back down. I have kids to protect from her evil. It is a shame as she will most likely never change. She sees nothing wrong with herself at all. She is perfect in every way. Say a prayer for me. Times will be most trying!




Are there really evil people in your life? Then review this post and blog about it. You will even get paid to do so!



0 comments:

Post a Comment