May 27, 2007

The Police are Back!!!


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

The very first time I saw Sting and the Police was live back in the late 80's in North Carolina. I was living in North Carolina in Chapel Hill and he came to town. It has been so long I cannot be sure of the year. I lived in North Carolina from 1985-1993. I was in Chapel Hill for the first three years before moving to Durham, so Sting had to be in town in either 1985, 86 or 87. I just can't iron down the year. Prior to that I was a lover of new age and jazz and was just thrilled to death to see Sting live.

I got to go free. My best friend was married to a policeman and he had to work the concert that night. Lucky me, got to go free as of course his wife got in free and so did I. I was mesmerized. Sting and I got married that night! His wife Trudie just does not know it. I was in my late 20's at that time. Sting is my man! He was such a cutie petutie! I was in love. Well, after that I became even more of a fan of Sting and the Police and Sting himself. I have just about all the Cd's. Back then there were not Cd's yet, so I had them all on cassettes and eventually I have just about rebought all of them on CD's. Both police cd 's and Sting cd's.

After that time I have talked up Sting and Sting and the Police so much that I got a few of my friends and family hooked! My mother in particular. Imagine a 73 year old women grooving to a police cd. Come to my house, you would see it! When I heard that the Police was getting back together I told just about all I knew. I was psyched! I went on line looking to see if the tour came anywhere near me and it does not! To quote those famouse words from Gomer Pyle USMC: Damn! Damn! Damn! You remember that show?

I love the Police and would love to have a copy of their new CD ! Trust me when I say I deserve it! I have sold many of their CD's for them over the years, just by being a religious player of their music for the past 20 or more years. I am their biggest fan! Here is a listing of all the songs on the new CD. I have taken the liberty to highlight some of my very favorites! You know, the ones that I know all the words by heart! How do I know these by heart? Well, whenever I go on a long car trip my Police CD's go with me. 8 hours to Florida or 23 hours to Wisconsin...you get to know all the words to just about all the songs. And so does everyone else in the car. If you did not know anything about the Police before going on a trip with me, trust me you would be intimately familiar by the time the trip was OVER! I am usually the driver so the driver decides the music! (I just love it when a plan comes together!)

The Police

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Fallout
2. Can't Stand Losing You
3. Next to You
4. Roxanne
5. Truth Hits Everybody
6. Hole in My Life
7. So Lonely
8. Message in a Bottle
9. Reggatta de Blanc
10. Bring on the Night
11. Walking on the Moon
12. Don't Stand So Close to Me
13. Driven to Tears
14. Canary in a Coalmine

Disc: 2
1. Do Do Do de da da Da
2. Voices Inside My Head
3. Invisible Sun
4. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
5. Spirits in the Material World
6. Demolition Man
7. Every Breath You Take
8. Synchronicity I
9. Wrapped Around Your Finger
10. Walking in Your Footsteps
11. Synchronicity II
12. King of Pain
13. Murder by Numbers
14. Tea in the Sahara

Jump on the bandwagon! The Police are back together. If you are lucky enough to be able to see them live, go for it. You will be able to see my main man there! (LOL) Otherwise, the CD will be the next best thing to being there! Go get it! I want it! I want my free copy! I am ultimately
one of the best fans they have! I love The Police!


0 comments:

Post a Comment