August 18, 2008

Trunk Secrets


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

My car trunk has had a secret for the past year and a half. It has been the home of my wine and other spirits. When my father died, I felt reluctant to pour all my wine, vodka and Canadian club down the drain because I had no where to put it when I moved in with my mother. She does not drink and does not allow any alcohol in her home. My father was a alcoholic who never took a drink as long as I can remember. He stopped drinking before I was born.

Where and what could I do with it? It was all packed up in boxes and I simply left those boxes in my trunk for the past year and a half. I wondered if the bottle would survive the extremes in cold and heat of the seasons. Well, I just moved into my own place again and out came the bottles. Celebration! They all seem intact. I have not tried any wine to see if the taste was still good. I am just glad that the trunk has given up it's secrets.

I was always fearful of being stopped for some reason and the trunk was inspected. What would be the outcome? Would those bottles be counted as open containers because they were bottles in varying degrees of fullness?

I am just glad it is over! I am free to have a glass of wine again. The trunk has finally given up it's secrets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment