September 16, 2008

AHHHHH! Freedom!


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

It is a good thing to feel free to be yourself again! In the year and a half since my father passed away, my very light social drinking has been limited. When I lived on my own before I moved into my mother's house I would drink wine or beer occasionally. I even would have a drink, mixed with a friend. Once my father died I had to limit any type of social drinking as my mother would not approve. So. What did that mean? I had about 8 bottles of wine in a wine rack, Absolute vodka in the freezer, tequila...just a very little left, a new bottle of Courvoisier, a new bottle of Canadian Club and a bottle of Vermouth. I had just discovered Martinis. Well. I was not about to throw away my bar supplies. I packed them all in boxes and they lived in the trunk of my car for the past year and a half. Unused. Finally I unpacked it all last week. I just knew that the wine had all turned to vinegar having to withstand the cold of 2 winters and the extreem heat of a 100+ degree summer. All was well. I am sipping on some now. boy it is good to be back to my old freedoms. I will never give it up again! Never!

0 comments:

Post a Comment