March 18, 2012

Admit It!

Snapshots In My Time...Of My Time.....Hauntings. 



One of my FB friends posted this and I bet it is true for many.  In my case I have been reading but now mainly on my kindle.  I have not stopped reading but I do find that it is taking me a lot longer to finish books.  I am distracted by FB, Twitter, Tumblr, Foodspotting, Foursquare.  You name it!  I am a social media addict.  

I still have a child at home so I do think it is still critical that children see their parent reading.  I have been reading to and with my child since she was an infant.  Now she does not read so much for pleasure now.  Most of  her reading is just for school.  I do encourage her to read books just for fun, but her time seems limited.  She too, is caught up in social media.  As a parent I do encourage her to "unplug."  Books and reading books as we used to when we were kids is soon becoming a thing of the past.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment