July 23, 2014

The Not So Good News Weeks

I think that this has been the most horrible two weeks of news ever!  Planes being shot out of the sky full of innocent people, the countries involved blaming each other for the disaster and loss of innocent lives, nothing resolved in the kidnapping of the girls in Africa, parents leaving multiple children in cars to die, the middle east exploding in conflict. Children from South America and Mexico flooding the boarders. I do not think things in the world could get any worse.  But they can.  They will. 

I like to keep up with what is happening in the world but it seems none of it is good.  The news has been depressing, to say the least.  I wonder where the good in the world is.  It could be that the world was always this terrible but we did not know about it.  With the development of social media, satellites and our advanced technology, we know what is happening in the most remote parts of the world almost instantly.  Prior to all this technology we simply were not that well informed.  Was it better?  Was it better to be more ignorant of what the rest of the world was like?  

For "average citizen me" it makes me aware of what good I can do in my little corner of the world.  I can be the good that I want to see in the world.  That is all we can do.  Be good and do good where we are.  That is no solution for all the injustice in the world but it might make things better right where you are.  Where you live.  Where you make a difference.  Make a difference in the life of someone.  You will never know how your kind gesture can affect people or situations.  So.  Just do it. Be good and shine where you are. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment