April 25, 2007

Ding Dong, The Witch is Dead!


Snapshots In My Time...
Of My Time.....Hauntings.

Thank the Lord. Rosie O'Donnell is leaving The View. I had to stop watching the show because she was on it. I just could not stomach her loud, uncouth manner. She is vulgar and course and common. While she got some ratings but being mean and insulting to others, the ratings were not due to any great news commentaries by The View in general. With her gone what kind of ratings will they get?

Plus the one time or two times I just happened to see a few minutes of the show since she joined, it seemed like the fit was off. She was way too loud and seemed to talk over everyone. Even the guests. There seemed to be no chemistry between her and the other co-hosts. It seemed strained to me. Thank god she is gone. She was no asset to The View.



Rosie O'Donnell's stormy tenure on "The View" will be a short one. The opinionated host was unable to agree on a contract with ABC, and she'll leave the show in June.

"My needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me," O'Donnell said in a statement Wednesday.

"This has been an amazing experience," she said, "and one I wouldn't have traded for the world."

O'Donnell has helped raise the ratings for the daytime chat show invented by Barbara Walters. But her outspokenness has caused almost constant controversy, including a nasty name-calling feud with Donald Trump that placed Walters squarely in the middle.

"I induced Rosie to come back to television on 'The View' even for just one year," Walters said. "She has given the program new vigor, new excitement and wonderful hours of television. I can only be grateful to her for this year."

Walters was frequently left to clean up the damage after O'Donnell. She did it most recently Monday, when O'Donnell was criticized for using bad language and attacking Rupert Murdoch from the dais of the annual New York Women in Communication awards luncheon.

"I would like to point out that Rosie's view is not always mine," Walters said. "I would like to say for the record that I am very fond of Rupert Murdoch."

Full story here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment